Saturday, November 15, 2014

Awkward + Awesome

What's been happening lately for me...... a combination of Awkward + Awesome. :)

Awkward:

When the choir director begins, "1, 2, 3, 4" And you begin heartily singing the wrong song. Everyone looks your way.

When you are playing a song that is a medley, and you forget where the next song comes in, and keep going on the first song. Oops!

Making lemonade and forgetting the sugar... Ouch. Everyone blinks their eyes and asks who made it.

When the leader says, "Line up in the order of height" and you have to stand sideways because the person beside you is talking to their friend and won't move.

When a girl that is definitely shorter than you says "I'm taller than you" and everyone says she's right

Eating at a restaurant and entertaining your family, (and the people at the next table) by all your jokes and funny stories, and then realizing that your family, as well as all the other people, are all almost finished and you've barely started to eat.

Playing soccer and kicking the ball the wrong way... lots of 'looks'.

When you have your earphones on in public, and your Mom's friend comes up to you and asks you if you are trying to communicate with aliens from outer space. (she means it as a joke) Everyone looks at you like, Wow.

When you hold the door open for the person behind you, and then end up holding it open for the next ten people. You finally slam it shut when you think you're clear, only to hear "Hey, It was my turn to come out! She shut the door in my face and I will just tell-...." from inside. Oops!

When you start cutting up very strong onions, and someone asks you why you are crying when cutting up onions is so much fun.... Well.... Not really.

Awesome:

Singing all through the dress rehearsal without forgetting anything

Finding the most awesome jeans that are the perfect fit and on sale!

Getting snow, not too much, but just enough to have fun!

Scoring points in the soccer game! Wow! I am the least athletic in the group, and that is great!

Getting a letter from my long-lost pen-pal

Finding the secret place where you stashed your Christmas Presents. (Yes, I did forget) Thought I'd have to wait until next year to give them out!

Starting a new (rather weird) song in the right key the first time I sang it :) YES!!!

Watching a piece being played on the piano, and playing it out by ear when I get home! Awesome!

Composing music and finding that it does sound awesome!

Starting on my Christmas music (rather late, but I'll make it!)

Best one Ever:

Finding the most special Christmas present for my Mom, check it out here. She'll love it! She's musical like me.


What has been awkward and awesome in your life lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these gave me a good laugh! Keep blogging, Olivia! :)

    Ashley B.
    Like No Other fashion
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! Glad that I could give you a good laugh. :)
    See you back soon!
    <3 Olivia

    ReplyDelete